Submissions are accepted year-round. Publication will be online and our timeline dependent on submissions received.
grama is interested in writing and art that engages critically with the contemporary and historic west and with contemporary innovative aesthetics. “The west” is a complex concept, and we welcome work that recognizes this.
- We are interested in poetry and artwork from or about the western United States, Mexico, and Canada.
- We will refuse work that harms or exploits marginalized communities.
Please send poetry, nonfiction, critical essays, and reviews to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, include a very brief bio AND a few words about your, or you work’s, connection to the west.
- For poetry, send 2-5 poems, no more than 10 pages total.
- For nonfiction and critical essays, send no more than 3000 words. We are not considering fiction at this time.
- For reviews, send 3-5 double-spaced pages. Reviews may be for any genre dealing with the west.
- For visual art, send 1-3 images. Landscape photography and photo essays are encouraged.
- Please inquire about submitting work in other genres.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted, but please alert us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere. We cannot accept previously published work. Rights revert to author upon publication.