Submissions are accepted year-round! Issues happen when submissions accrue.
grama is interested not only in writing and art that engages critically with the contemporary and historic west, but which also engages with contemporary innovative aesthetics (part of our purpose here is to find out what that means for western writing within the broader context of contemporary writing). We welcome submissions from writers historically underrepresented in western discourse, including women, queer, native, and POC voices.
Please send poetry, nonfiction, critical essays, and reviews to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, include a very brief bio and a few words about your connection to the west.
- For poetry, send 2-5 poems, no more than 10 pages total.
- For prose, send no more than 3000 words. We’re looking for non-fiction and critical essays.
- For reviews, send 3-5 double-spaced pages. Reviews may be for any genre of book dealing with the west.
- For visual art, send 1-3 images. Landscape photography encouraged.
- Please inquire about submitting work in other genres.
Publication will be online and our timeline dependent on submissions received.
Simultaneous submissions accepted, but please alert us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere. We cannot accept previously published work.